Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wilson, Seattle Space Needle
















I chose to do a type treatment where the letters that spell out "architecture" would be perforated and then would be torn apart and folded to the side to expose the line drawing of the actual space needle. I chose this method because the space needle is such a unique shape, and I wanted to expose something that was hidden. I found that the final piece was successful, and that the folded letters created really interesting shadows. The poster can also be viewed from different angles, allowing the viewer to see the shape of the space needle from the letters that are extended out from the flat poster. I learned a lot about the different ways to create three dimensionality using paper, and the technical solutions that go along with making it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment